10.16.2008

Morton Gould

MAYBE I'm getting friendlier, B-米. I'll have to confirm this theory- maybe I should attend Carl's Jr.'s birthday dinner/party? It'll basically involve people that I've never met before or don't know so well.

Someone etched Tom Waits into one of the desks in class. The name sounds too familiar- maybe someone was talking to me about this person one time.

The temperature isn't dropping below 70F until Saturday. Blegh.

Ho HO! I didn't know that we had a tank full of liquid nitrogen in lab! Interesting seeing the gas fall onto the stone lab benches and condensing into tiny balls that roll along the surface. Maybe I'm just excited about research because I've seen more results within a week of work here than I did all year long at Rice. I've also taken more photos on the microscope in a week than I have on my digital camera since the day I purchased it. Sigh. Met Tiffany again- something dropped as she opened the refrigerator door today.

Talk about another ride of shame. My hate handles were jiggling again on the ride back home. So how did I deal with this? As soon as I got into my apartment, I started eating.

Something I would NOT prefer to see on the bus: an old Asian woman wearing bright yellow suede pants that bunched up into her ass crack. GROSS! Although this would have been a perfect moment to use my camera so that I could upload the picture onto my blog and share the joys of... old Asian ass.

The lady to the left of me was reading The Time Traveler's Wife, while the guy on my right was reading The Pathways to Peace.

Got an A in ONE of my first exams. A little reassuring that I'm finally able to study efficiently for tests. And how long did that take me to learn, 15 years?

No comments: