10.19.2008

jourdain's paradox

Right after class, I was waiting at the bus stop, except there was no bus driver inside. I decided to take a walk to get some fast food, any kind of lunch, before heading to lab. Right as I crossed the street, to the right of me was this honk, a screech, and then a crash. Like I've said before, bad luck circles around me.

It was an Asian and white guy, except the front bumper of the Asian guy's car seemed to be dragging around the ground as he drove the car into the parking lot so that both of them could exchange information.



Took this while waiting at the bus stop, after having gotten my food.



As close up a view that I could get before noticing that the bus driver had started the engine, so I had to get on board before the bus left.



Simple eye wash station in my lab. All you have to do, in case of emergency, is to pull that thing down, and water starts shooting into your eyes. Who could provide such service, you ask?



Upon discovering the name, I have decided that I would rather lose my eyesight than have to see this eyesore once the water restores my vision.

So I added 10 times the desired amount than necessary during RNA isolation today. UGH. 10 times the amount of anything would probably kill the patient in the hospital.

Waiting at the bus stop to go home, I turn around and see this in the dirt.



Spoooooooky. Isn't the 5-starred pentacle a Pagan symbol? Paganism and murder- how can the two relate... So far the only things that have popped up are news clippings about women in the U.K. attempting to murder or having successfully murdered their lovers/husbands who were planning to leave them for someone else.

1 comment:

X X said...

Not unless you are looking at the pentacle upside down.

Right-side up (like the picture shows), it has a variety of positive meanings in Western ceremonial magic and Wicca. Upside-down (i.e. two points in the air) is the one you are thinking of, the Satanic, bad-horror-movie, don't-let-your-kids-read-Harry-Potter pentacle.

The fact that the word "murder" frames the pentacle right-side up means someone is probably doing it for the lulz.