10.28.2008

tennessee pusher

I think I'm in love. With my lab group. "Isn't it amazing a man like me can feel this way?" Lunch will be provided on the boat! We're sailing off in the morning. Sausalito!

I got to see mouse dissections today! The way he killed the adult mouse was exactly the way Janey described it to me, at least the way she did it back in the day. I think she uses CO2 now. Hold the tail, let the mouse cling onto the cage, pull the tail and push against the neck to snap apart the skull from the spinal cord. And then CUT, off plops the head after using scissors, like cutting paper. Snip.

Next were the mice pups. My lab manager had labeled their backs with numbers, so they looked like tiny toy race cars. Whose heads were about to be cut off. OH HO HO, and the brain dissections. I started thinking about congealed pig's blood after a while.

These teens on the bus were talking about how one of their guy friends is too fat. Live observation of the development of anorexia in teenage guys.


Pumpkins! A lot of children were playing in the pumpkin patch this morning.


ID this species of bird, please.

2 comments:

Jing said...

you changed your layout - how full of life it is.

was mouse killing fun? baby mice are kinda hard to kill bc you have to cut the head off in one go - they can't be gassed.

is that a tiny female grackle? i don't know actually. do you?

Clarence said...

yay! does this mean youre less angry at the world?