10.18.2008

Schuster's conundrum

A dog bit my leg today. There's NEVER a dull moment in the City.

Sitting at Mcdonald's this morning, there was a homeless guy nicely dressed in a grey suit and vest, except he kept touching his hands to his temples and moaning "MMMMMM..." At some point it looked like he was standing up at adjust his belt, except he grabbed his crotch instead. He also intermittently did some bends and exercises in the middle of the restaurant.

At the bus stop, a wandering senior came by and asked the senior citizen waiting at the benches with me for a cigarette. His reply was,"I roll my own... That's how I roll!" OH JEEZ.

Additionally, the old guy procuring a "roll" was talking about how he left his drug addict wife in 2003 from Michigan, which reminded me of Leigh-Ugh.

The larger bird feeds first, before any of the smaller ones come in to nab the crumbs.

Still getting random phone calls from Southerners on my cell phone. Today as I was walking down Geary, some fellow was asking for Sylvia. He reiterated the phone number that he was given, and I told him that it was the right phone number, but that he reached the wrong person. He responded with,"Ah'm so sorry about that. Thanks again, Ah' 'ppreciate it." Hmm, he must be related to B-米 somehow.

Rant for the day- the medical student in my lab forgot to turn off the microscope Friday night, so I came in Saturday morning to find it still on. Also, I came in Saturday morning to find a hemocytometer on the microscope stage, with dead red cells drying up under the glass slide. AND there was broken glass on the floor.

I think my inkjet printer's finally near its end, about to kick the bucket after 6 nice years.

No comments: