10.16.2008

fractal

My lips have been extremely chapped lately. At least it's more noticeable than when I see other people claiming to have chapped lips. I'm talking to my PI or lab manager, and when I have to go to the bathroom, I look in the mirror to see two lines of white, one emanating from the left corner of my mouth, the other from the right. It looks like I either drank milk or brushed my teeth and didn't bother to wipe my face.

This old Asian man on the bus was wearing a black cap with graffiti-style text on it that read "Big Boi." I should have asked him if he would offer it to me.

The old people around the hospital are extremely nice. This other old Asian man was taking up the entire sidewalk and didn't notice me coming, so I scooted towards the edge/curb so as not to mow him over. He excused HIMSELF without me needing to cue him for an apology!

Late for lab this morning, although I don't feel too bad since the med student was late and didn't even come back when I left around 1. The lab manager also didn't show up by the time I left. All of which means I got the entire lab to myself! I took pictures of my stem cells today, except I have NO idea what differentiating stem cells are supposed to look like between the 0th day and the 1st day. I got to play with the liquid nitrogen, but can't tell if I burned myself or not while handling it. Snap freeze!

All in all, learned about 4-5 new techniques in a week!

Apparently Safeway now has deals every Friday where they sell something for $5, whether it be fried chicken or fried chicken strips. This week, they were subs the size of my forearm plus hand. So I bought that instead of the Vietnamese sandwiches down the street. I also purchased the new flavors of yakisoba by Maruchan. There's roasted chicken, tomato & basil, and cheddar cheese! I'm getting the feeling that cheddar cheese yakisoba isn't a staple in Japanese cuisine.

80 degrees today. UNBEARABLE.

No comments: