11.15.2007

creamy j

This guy that just graduated from UCSF taught the lecture today in cell neuro on photoreceptors and phototransduction. Blue banana republic v-neck long-sleeved shirt, skinny black slacks, and limp wrists. I pictured Drab in class undergoing that transformation after 6 years, and I almost started laughing out loud in class. My, my, what the future holds for some people. Can't wait! Also, in my efforts to apply to school for next fall, I tried to retrieve my MCAT percentiles out of my bag of semi-useful papers. What could I find? Take-out menus, a lab notebook, credit reports, and the cd and postcard that Drab sent me. How did all this junk end up in my bag of important documents?! I may have left my MCAT report at home. I may be taking the test again. I really want to break that 40.

Some asshole made .5 more points than me on the neuro problem set.

Took my comp sci midterm today. With luck, I got a 100. Seems I have the highest average in that class as well. So I'm set for A's for almost all of my classes except for one. Need to do well on the last two exams for that class so that I don't end up with an A-. Dear lord I care about grades again.

Although the job being offered would teach me techniques in neuroscience, I would ultimately end up having to teach professors and students those techniques after my training. I'm pretty sure I know how that would pan out, as I'm very impatient with people who don't get things right away.

There was some traffic accident, I suppose, with the M Muni Line. I thought it was a nice change, seeing all these flashing colors of various wavelengths.

Big girl, you are beautiful? Big girl, your fat ass is crowding the sidewalk and preventing me from getting to class on time. Seeing as how we're a progressive society, I found it quite shocking how for every step I made forward, she seemed to be taking two steps back. Maybe there was a distortion in time-space as I zoomed past her at, relatively, the speed of light. Or light feet, anyway.

It's 12:30, and I haven't started studying for my stem cell module quiz in Devo. Blah. I've been watching Naruto and ABC shows until now.

Marine Bio was interesting again tonight- demystifying the news surrounding the oil spill in the Bay.

Crassie and I will be having a drinking contest to see who folds first.

Where the hell has Leigh-ugh been?? I haven't seen her in ages! Hmm, maybe she's made quite a few friends at Berkeley? Maybe she can't have a life outside of lab any more? The possibilities.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

haha... no life now (not more friends) i'm even behind in reading your blog. lets hang out after tgiving!