11.02.2007

toto

You ever ask yourself what you're doing with your life?

I asked myself that every second, as I found myself at the Oakland Airport and now the San Diego Airport?!

Free wireless! Mua ha ha.

What's great about a 3:45PM flight: being able to spread your legs out over the two other seats next to you that weren't filled, being able to choose to sit rows of seats away from the annoying, crying children, and being able to choose the window seat and adjust the cover accordingly.

I tried the Haagen Dasz ice cream as dessert, since I missed lunch. Eating at the airport is like eating at a theme/amusement park: what you pay for is disproportionate to the caliber of the food. Normally, I would enjoy contrast in my food: hard and soft, light and shade, sweet and bitter. This ice cream had all that, and it was an utterly disgusting way to end my meal. That, and it was $3.21 for one bar.

The Chinese crashed their ticketing system when tickets to the Olympics became available online. I think it was 20 million requests within 3 hours, or something like 20,000 clicks per minute?

The view of the Pacific Ocean, so splendid, was marred by the juxtaposition of San Francisco. Although, I could definitely spot my apartment from the airplane since San Francisco looks just like a grid from above.

I never thought that I would enjoy wide streets again. SO good.

This one guy is using the outlet next to me: at the baggage claim area, next to a trash can and a recycling bin. How regal.

Listening to News Podcasts and Nature- oh so interesting while flying. I learned about the Brainbow as well as hearing before otological development actually begins in mice. What else- oh yes, the London police getting a slap on the wrist for shooting a Brazilian 7 times in the head, mistaking him for a terrorist.

No comments: