2.26.2008

new rave

Ugh, quiet Drab. Maybe it was better that you fell asleep and stopped talking for the rest of my dream.

Renewed obsession: LA rock bands. So my online research this week is indie pop. I had no idea Sufjan Stevens was from Michigan. Then again, the only reason I know that name is Clare.

The one good thing about tofu: even if you leave it in your fridge one month past the expiration date, you can still eat it without any worry about getting sick. The one bad thing is, tofu doesn't have a particularly strong taste and needs to be paired with a sauce that complements what meat and/or vegetable is cooked with it.

Blonde hair, blue eyes, tall, Swedish ancestry, straight, smokes Marlboros, parties at the Mission, smokes weed, intends to live in San Francisco for another year or so. I feel like I'm making friends with someone who sounds a lot like someone I already know. Except this one has a car. Who's the better one?

Let me tell you: NEVER convert an Asian into Christianity. Jesus Christ, those people are relentless. I was mauled by this tiny Chinese woman who wanted me to go to a 10AM meeting. I was just happily reading my neurosurgery book and this woman in my peripheral field of vision chases me down and starts shouting, "DO YOU SPEAK CHINESE?!"

What other observations today: maybe I should be less critical of the hipster and try to assimilate myself into this culture? At least for the rest of my duration of stay.

Another observation: Drab, Clare, and I are always in SF Monday through Friday, yet none of us ever meet up during those days.

No comments: