2.05.2008

toxocara canis

My mind map for the day, yesterday:

We were riding the bus today, the driver this time being the ones that always jerk the bus whenever they step on either pedal, and at one point he pressed down quickly on the brake. All of a sudden, while I was listening to the nature podcast, I feel this object crash into my body and a hand grabbing at my back. It was this annoying hipster girl who couldn't maintain composure standing up on the bus.

Not only that, once I heard hella this semester, the floodgates have opened, and I hear it everywhere now. SO annoying.

Oh right- epiphany about hipster jeans. There may in fact be some merit to sporting such ball-suffocating pants. There's never a need to wear a belt everyday because the rest of the jeans are so tight that it holds it all together. Another hypothesis is that hipsters are merely a byproduct of psychological trauma during their youth due to getting pants-ed all the time at the schoolyard.

I noticed people's shoes today more than usual, and was tempted to ask some people where they got theirs. I think this one person was even wearing the rainbow colored graphic art converse shoes that I considered buying last Xmas.

During parasitology, we learned of this species of parasite that may inhabit a different host by accident. One of the modes of transmission is through dog feces, and my professor said that kids that eat it or rub their eyes after having contacted the excrement may lead to a worm growing in their eye. That got me thinking about something someone told me about Drab, about how he had (has?) a worm in one of his eyes, which could explain why he sometimes winks at me uncontrollably. THEN that got me thinking about Drab, as a child, playing with dog shit. HAHA! The thought of Drab either swallowing dog shit OR playing with shit and then rubbing his eyes almost got me laughing out loud in class. TOO GOOD!

Are trading card games and poker a common staple in common meeting areas of colleges/universities in California? Encounter with that today.

There's still some appeal to the Southern girl- they're nicer, even though their IQ's may be below average. Which also got me thinking. I'm a southern gent, I wonder where all the southern hospitality went? Perhaps I'll make it a task to reclaim that southern charm this year.

I hate my MWFs. I feel like I'm dying, waiting for the day to end. Well, if any more cars keep hitting me, the day would probably end much sooner than expected.

During lunch I jotted down an idea web for the post to my blog. I can't believe I'm taking notes now for an online journal. Sigh.

No comments: