7.02.2007

peasant dish

new hit(s): [naperville, calumet city]

i've gone through fiction and nonfiction, and seeing as how my books aren't coming in any time soon, maybe i will dabble in magazines as well? but where to start? i checked the chicago tribune online website to view the top 50 magazines. the u.s. has ~18,000 magazines in publication. what would i start with? the economist, cook's illustrated, esquire, new yorker, men's health, time, people, gourmet, vanity fair. economist and new yorker may rank high, but their articles are so dense. the british and their eloquence. no wonder.

haha maury your parents made the right decision. damn asians?! you're dating one, haha. it's your choice to select for a brown-eyed asian. if i were in control (of the world, the universe is just too big a place), i think i would perform selective breeding on humans. i like mixing and matching.

my roommate left tonight. room all to myself. say goodbye to my clothes on my body. two more weeks and another roommate will leave.

i still think my black roommate would blow nants' mind. and he doesn't want to have sex, so they're both in the same boat. serious intellectual mindfuck for her. matchmaker's made you a match.

i openly voiced my virginity to my roommates and this other guy studying here the other time when we were walking to that bamboo grove aura (minus the psychedelic drug use). it was odd saying it out loud. perhaps i'll end up being the 40-year-old virgin as opposed to elliot since i prefer my asexuality and he prefers marriage. funny how things turn out. the non-christian ends up being the one in the group not having sex (w.r.t. premarital sex/abstinence). although i'm not really abstaining from food indulgence. so i'm a food whore. oh well.

so i told my parents that i wanted to take an extra year of school. they didn't argue with me. they were actually fine with it. so i can stay away from texas if i want. i'm not done with san francisco, not yet started with los angeles. i won't even be able to go for independence day because i have classes the day afterward. looks like i'll be spending another holiday by myself, but i've gotten used to it. right after christmas break, i went right back to houston and away from my parents to spend the rest of the school holiday. other holidays, i would go at the last possible minute so that i would only have to stay a day or two at home.

no wonder i'm the go-to person in the group when it comes to chinese restaurants. it's like there's a fucking beacon on me. besides being able to speak cantonese/mandarin, i go to any city and still manage to wander through the chinatown/street/ville and find locales of interest.

this one person passed by me as i was walking back to the university, and here's how the scenario played out:
guy: "do you know where the library is?"
me: "i think it's... actually i don't know where it is. i'm not from here."
g: "me neither."

if i had equipped better arsenal, this ideal situation would have occurred instead:
g: "do you know where the library is?"
me: "i think's it's... actual..." PSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!
g: "&*%^$# MY EYES!"

that'll teach him never to talk to strangers.

1 comment:

Jesse said...

I'll call you for 4th of July..I'll be in the city with Hunior and my mom!

You better pick up the phone too..