7.08.2007

vocab builder

yes, i have resorted to the gre word list. there's two blocks of gre words on my google homepage, with my gmail stuck right between them. i've finally started using the tabs to move my news/health/science websites into their corresponding tabs.

THE CARS! i finally got their anthology album. shalimar? i think you already recommended that book several posts ago. i rejected it then, i reject it now. love and revenge, blegh.

this long hair thing is taking its toll on me. perhaps B-米 was wise in not getting an asian popstar hairstyle? although i'd be open to highlights/dyeing before i chop it all off. what's up with girls chopping off their hair in the summertime, anyway?

fun summer venture: La Tomatina in Valencia, Spain. tomato food fight festival. mmm.

was every boy back in the day exposed to the same simpsons and x-men arcade games?

6 comments:

Bryce said...

how long is your hair??
i couldn't pull off anything ridiculous (as far as hair goes).

as a boy i played the simpsons arcade games... but not the x-men ones.

Jesse said...

yes.

Josh said...

I don't remember the very first time I saw either of these games, but I remember the most picturesque.

A scant 14 years of age, I gathered a group of friends to go to Six Flags Over Texas. Not yet known for brutally separating young children from their beloved feet, I knew that I was in for a treat!

The rides: fantastic. The food: the same (assuming one loves all things breaded and fried--at 14, I did).

But what stood out--or out of place--was the strange arcade tucked away into a little part of Boomtown (the Wild West area) that no one seemed inclined to visit but us.

There we played The Simpsons in a beautiful arcade cabinet, surprised by the simple elegance of the controls, the shameless manipulation of our beloved cartoon figures, and the strangely useless combination attacks, which found Bart and Lisa wielding with ferocity a jump rope of (little) death.



Yes, I was exposed.

Roopy said...

was your x-men one on a two screens together? aka the FIRST EVER WIDESCREEN VIDEOGAMING EXPERIENCE???

Unknown said...

Even I played the X-Men and Simpsons arcade games. Actually, they are the only arcade games I ever played besides Pacman...

MattPatt said...

Oh my God, the Simpsons game. One of my few really fond memories of being a kid is a marathon session at the video arcade in the mall wherein I played that game from start to finish, with various passers-by rotating in on the other characters. I sorta miss those days.