3.28.2007

loquat picking

i had one of my epiphanies today.

i'm going to apply to med school someday. i think i'll start applying summer of 2008, hopefully enter in 2009, get out by 2013. i'll be 28 by that time.

until then, i'm going to enjoy loquat, and plan on moving to california. san francisco or los angeles- tough call. i'm probably going to do a post-bacc program, one of those academic enhancer programs possibly. and along the way? volunteer at a hospital again. pick up a job after finishing all the classes i plan to take.

there. i've made my decision. it's probably the first conscioucs decision i've made to head towards a career in medicine- without considering my parents' feelings, without considering the prestige/externalities/bullshit that might lead others to this field. i only thought of myself. which might sound selfish, but i'm doing this for me.

3 comments:

Josh said...

You're weird. You didn't even say why...

Cause you're Chinese?

Unknown said...

Nah, he's American.

Practical Female Scientist said...

Move to SF! You could be near Brad...and Leah..and TONS of people

(I won't ever see you)