6.17.2007

de rigueur

there was this interesting girl named cinnamon who went to my middle or high school for a short time. she got knocked up. she's not so interesting anymore.

wild mushroom risotto. what's so wild about packaged mushrooms from the convenience store?

i bought a gre prep book. i guess i'll be taking it sometime. the end of the summer?

why am i in a rush to read so many books. great smoky mountains? never knew they existed. my U.S. geography is limited to the south and west.

this mural on the wall of the dining hall is so strange. it's a caricature of this black man eating sushi, an indian woman eating a chinese bun, and a white girl eating a hot dog while the white guy eats a sub, all staged in front of the golden gate, mission street, and some guy in the lion costume for the chinese lion dance.

my roommates don't party. they remind me of me pre-4-year college experience. it's fine and everything, but i'm not sure if i can actually go back to being that kind of person. yes, i've had a taste of the devil water and i want more. now hand me a bottle of jack and a bottle of coke.

servery food sucks. the 2-mile walks to chinatown may be worth it. i've seen photos of the french laundry from food blogs. i need to go.

at dinner, i was thinking again about some question clare posed to me while we were in the village last semester. it was a question about friends and who i hated the least. i still don't know. cyung0? excuse me?! correction: mococoa @ gmail.

my roommate's dad asked me if i were asian. i've never gotten that reaction before, where a person couldn't tell that i'm asian. there's always a first for everything.

2 comments:

dubrav said...

I live next to the Great Smoky Mountains, asshole! The most visited national park in the US, it is. Very beautiful. I will be hiking there next weekend.

Jesse said...

I was asked if I was asian too!

By a hispanic girl no less!