6.12.2007

maria berta

warm water isn't so bad now. i'm used to drinking warm water as opposed to cool water only because the water heater is sitting on my desk. it's like tea, without the caffeine and flavor.

too many distractions in this city. all i should do tomorrow is read read read.

the closest convenience store is 2.0 miles away. are you kidding me?! i have to walk 2 miles there and then walk back with groceries in tow? UGH!

so clare picked me up today from campus, then we went to pick doerfy up. where did we go for lunch? ah yes, boulange. i think. i ordered the egg frittata with greens and salmon. apparently the white stuff was creme fresh. i didn't really like it that much. not enough egg. it tasted more like potato. the salmon was decent, and i actually enjoyed the salad of mixed greens with vinaigrette dressing. what really surprised me, though, was the french onion soup. my previous encounters with french onion soup were never spectacular. i also knew i wouldn't get full off just that small order, so i got a soup as well. to my surprise, i thoroughly enjoyed that bowl (i chose that instead of the cup size) of french onion soup and the toasted soggy bread floating on top.

we then went walking around some place, and then went window shopping at another location.

finally, we started to actually sift through clothes around union square, where all those humongous stores are located along with the hobos sitting on the street playing their instruments. H&M. oh. so affordable, yes i found nothing that i liked. some clothes already looked like the ones i own, and the others reminded me of drab. drab and his drab clothing. where else? bloomingdale's, levi's, starbucks, aldo, borders, some i probably forgot. nice place to shop- if i had a car in the city.

i think we went to tomasso's for dinner. oh, and hesse tagged along. he didn't find me. rather, in an unfortunate turn of events, we all happened to just be at the same location at the inappropriate time. a late dinner. i was shaking, low on blood sugar. i shared a pizza with clare, mushroom and sausage, 15 in. the center of the pizza was better than the outer perimeter. enjoyable. i'm still full right now, 1 hour later.

also, i went up to break a 20 at the cash register, and after the waiter handed me me money, i was counting the bills in my hand to make sure i received the right amount. since i wasn't looking, i just naturally walked forward to a white booth and to sit down at the outside corner of the table next to clare. then out of the corners of my eyes i could see two pairs of eyes looking at me oddly. as i began to lean towards the table and sit down i quickly glanced up and noticed that this was NOT my table. so i attempted but failed to smoothly slide right over and past the booth over to my booth, the next one over, except i started cracking up even before i began to sit down at our table. OH how embarrassing. embarrassing moments- they only happen when i'm with people i don't like.

ugh clare, that jackass. teasing me still. i'm going to kick him in the head.

2 comments:

Practical Female Scientist said...

You should get one of those small rolly carts- not like a shopping cart, but more like an upright dolly with a basket attached at the bottom. That would ease the 2 mile trek with groceries in tow. Also, I think it's creme fraiche?

Jesse said...

Ha! I found you!

Dont try to deny it!