12.30.2007

dixit dominus

I'M SICK. Everything's worse. I'm crankier, angrier, more tired. I hate the east coast.

My nose is leaky like loose stool. Or I should probably say a running faucet. I just happened to have watched this commercial for some pill that claims to be a "stool softener." HAH! Hilarious.

Back to my being pissed off. I was even angry watching Sound of Music on TV in the hotel room. I was waiting for Maria and the Captain to get it on, and they break out into song and dance! What the fuck?! Who the hell pauses before having sex to have a sing-a-long? Stop carrying that tune and start carrying Maria to bed and ravish her. JESUS!

My aunt switched the channel back to the 24 marathon, which eased my senses a bit.

Today: a rerun of Chinatown. My experiences here are best detailed with pictures. Oh the disappointments. The mark of a good northern Chinese restaurant is the ability to make a good steamed pork bun, or 小龙汤包(小龍湯包). No soup. First mistake. Dry dough. For a bread steamed in water vapor, second mistake. The mistakes were endless, but I'll blog about them when I get back to L.A.

Speaking of LA, Janey's over there right now and so happens to return to D.C. when I leave. Guohoho.

In the past few days, I've been thinking about kids' names for children that I'm never going to have. Not sure why.

What IS making me feel better: The Reflections- (Just Like) Romeo and Juliet. mmm oldies.

No comments: