12.04.2007

downgrade

I decided to purchase the new Mac OS X Leopard because I don't have my startup disk with me, hence I couldn't install X11 to use for my comp sci class. Unfortunately, I should have known better than to have stayed on campus past 12:30.

Why? As I was walking up the street again, I notice this Muslim-looking gentleman wearing a jacket reminiscent of the Express label, reminiscent of a jacket that my ex-roommate used to wear. I thought it could be him, so I started taking out a folder from my messenger bag to stare down at my papers so that he couldn't notice my face. I started crossing the sidewalk only to find this dark figure alongside me walking towards the other side of the crosswalk. It turned out to be him! And I accidentally gave him my actual cell phone number because he and my other ex-roommates want to go see a movie this weekend. UGHAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

To top it off, it took ages for Leopard to install on my Macbook. If they were to more accurately describe this operating system with a feline, they should have named it Mac OS X Garfield, or some other chubby, voluptuous cat, because everything is about X times slower than when I was on Panther or Tiger, whatever 10.4 was.

What else was disappointing? The Mi Goreng. It doesn't taste quite right. Maybe the humidity in Houston had something to do with it.

No comments: