7.04.2008

bangers and mash

Happy Independence Day?

Impulse shopping- I bought 44 units of hot dogs, frankfurters, sausages, bratwursts at Safeway for the fourth. Just kept seeing flavors I wanted to try- chicken apple, chicken spinach feta, mushroom chicken, etc. Funniest brand name I saw- probably British Bangers. They might have even had a funny slogan under, something about the weiners being bangin'. Getting disturbed by sex entering my life in my food. You can't get more phallic than a hot dog. Which is more suggestive, the banana, the pickle, or the brat? Is there anything food-wise that looks like a vagina?

I was very peopled out after last weekend, and I only spent 2/3 days with Hesse, 1/2 days with Clare, and less than a day with Leigh-Ugh/Drab. Really don't know how I lasted through junior year in the suite.

I'm looking through the pile of books that I supposedly ordered from Barnes and Noble, and I found this one book called The Last Chinese Chef. It's about some American woman going to China, falling in love with a Chinese American who's taking her on a journey through food. Why do I feel like I'm reading a romance novel catered to me?

The other books I'll have to go through are about brain, behavior, some other deep shit.

If you want a giant burrito, B-米, just come to SF! Yeah... I probably could have. My intestines had to push everything out to make room for that burrito.

No idea when I should start volunteering, researching, or doing crunches again. Still looking into those dance/bartending classes. Aiya what to do with my summer.

I know this much- I will be heading down to LA near the end of the month. Spend quality time with grandparents, relatives, etc.

Too tired to try to be witty- going to start on this Chinese Chef book. Night.

1 comment:

Roopy said...

since when did I fall under "etc."????