7.07.2008

cigarette girl

16.

I knew this was going to happen if I fell asleep, since I was exhausted, but I decided to doze anyway. And look where it got me.

In my dream, I was thinking about this family, how this one mom and one son live together. At some point I was forced to flashback in my dream about a time when the son and mother were arguing, how the son didn't come home that night, and the mother asking him if he knew how it felt to be lonely. And he didn't know. She told him that that's how she felt every night ever since his dad passed away.

I, on the other hand, was walking throughout town, thinking this, and wearing a brown leather jacket under a trench coat. There was this group of friends that wanted me to join them, but I would turn around, flapping my jacket over my right shoulder as if a model would, and walking away, shunning them.

Somehow I ended up in another part of town, where I was traveling through staircases doing neuro research for this one lady. She had left the lab and so allowed me to roam and explore the area for a while. I took and elevator to one floor, but decided something was strange, so I went outside and slid down the side of the building for a good 5 to 10 seconds before hopping off onto the floor as if it were normal, and continued strolling casually into the hallway to get back to lab.

Only I ended up in this low-income neighborhood where people were either shooting bullets at each other or launching fireworks horizontally. I had escaped that to find myself in this room with 2 people testing explosions. One person, obviously the expert, was muttering about what needed to be adjusted in order for the boom to be bigger next time. The other guy just handed me advice on what to do in that protective dome of theirs so that I wouldn't blow out my ear drums. Except I decided to leave since I was disinterested, only they had started blasting things off with me out of the dome! I was covering my ears, running towards the exit.

Finding myself outside again and back in the warzone, I tried to avoid it by jumping over a fence adjacent to a house, only to get my shoes muddied. I began wading through the mud and realized that this house was my grandfather's, but nobody was home. Further along I walked into the backyard, not sure why, but when I hopped up onto the fence I fell back down. Several objects had fallen off me, and I started to gather them when 2 items I hadn't seen before stood out and caught my attention: a gift from Kaiser, and a gift from Drab.

Comparing the two, Kaiser had given me a gift that showed how much she really knew me. Even though I couldn't tell exactly what it was, the feeling/impression left on me was a positive one, that warm fuzzy feeling.

ON THE OTHER HAND, when I looked down at Drab's gift, I noticed that it was this triangular, wooden, blue block that he had carved himself and given to me. About 8 inches long by 5 inches wide and 3 inches deep, a dark blue covering the annual rings, a red paint coloring the edges. Drab's terrible at gift-giving in real life; it didn't come as a shock that Drab would give something like this to me. What was most distinctive on the wedge, though, were the inscriptions. One face had written on it that it was a piece of the wood that he had used to build his house or apartment, that he had saved it to give to me (ugh). Another face read that he was sorry he forgot my birthday and hopes that this will make up for it (no). Another face had his attempts at stringing together meaningful words to try to butter me up (or make me feel extremely uncomfortable).

I refused to be so forgiving, and broke this spell, waking up with eyes dry from having left my contacts in my eyes before napping. UGH!!!

No comments: