7.09.2008

madrigal

So I was talking to Drab and Clare about Swedish customs, so I need to correct myself: kaffe med bakelser = coffee with pastries. Me thinks I'll focus on Swedish desserts and Asian main dishes. And samovar is technically a water boiler, although they have samovar coffee pots/urns.

Clare picked a place this time, so I GUESS I can't criticize Drab for his poor decision-making this time... but that doesn't mean I won't criticize him. Kingdom of Dumpling: TERRIBLE. The xiao long bao had little soup, which mainly tasted like bland chicken broth. The chive dumplings lacked texture- the crunch of fresh chives. The pig ears were doused with too much oil. They forgot to bring out our order of you tiao. Overpriced for the pig ears. Waitress was terrible at being a waitress. It was kind of funny when the waiter called Drab 小弟弟. What was it in response to... maybe Drab was asking for water or something instead of tea, and the guy told him not to worry, that he understands English. Grade... C+/B-. Moral of the story? Never let anybody else decide when it comes to a Chinese restaurant.

So I woke up, got a call from Clare saying he'd be in SF in 40 minutes, which really means I don't have to get out of bed until an hour and twenty minutes later. And I did. Except when I was in the bathroom washing my face with facial cleanser, someone decides to call me at that moment, so I had to run with my eyes half-closed to my phone so that the stuff wouldn't get in my eyes and burn. It was Drab of all people, saying that he was coming over.

I was still not wearing much when Drab started storming at my door. Ugh, always catching me with my pants down. Even though he was knocking and waiting right outside, I decided not to let him in until I had gotten dressed. I open the door to find Drab drenched in sweat and panting for air, which grossed me out since I had just finished washing up. Avoiding his sweat didn't help at all when we were walking to the bank, as his arm kept brushing up against mine. Ugh.

Lunch->Coffee with pastries. Which was a rather odd choice, since I'm not fond of sweets, nor do I have a strong preference towards coffee.

Continue this later. Too tired.

No comments: