7.14.2008

demi-glace

Mr. Bourdain... makes me feel dumb, especially when I order steaks well-done at restaurants. Why didn't Clare warn me about this? I knew he read the book, too. Asshole. Haha you are a gossip! Maybe your nickname should be Gossip Guy. Embrace the shame!

Again, would have been another good book if they had taken the sex out of it... sigh... why do food and sex have to be connected in every book I read? Is it inevitable for me as well? Avoiding sex is futile?! NEVER!!!

What did I do today? Wake up at 1:30, eat, go back to bed to read Kitchen Confidential, get back up to eat dinner.

Even better- I got free mashed potatoes and a free drink at KFC! My advice is to order whatever isn't on their racks at 8:30PM. Then they'll tell you that it'll take a while, and while you're waiting, the store manager will apologize for the wait, and then offer you free goodies while you wait. I'm going to test it out again, maybe 3/4 months from now. I get sick of fried chicken if I eat too much in one sitting. 20 hot wings... such a fool...

The problem with me trying to keep up with the news is that everyone else has also been reading the New York Times, so anything that ends up in conversation isn't new input at all.

People watching Wall-E recently and saying they liked it. I'm not sure if I got quite the reaction as everyone else. It seemed like the movie was flaunting in my face that even robots are more capable of love than I am. It'd be nice to be transformed into half-man, half-machine in the future. Not like the terminator, but something like Megaman/Rockman. Megaman X.

Sudden urge to play tennis again.

1 comment:

Jing said...

well done? really? ew