2.12.2009

bell's palsy

There's a retreat that will be going on in April, basically involving all those involved in stem cell research I hear. Should I go...

I tried looking up the place, and it seems like a nice place. So what are my issues concerning the trip? It'll involve me being in a car with my PI to and from the location. In terms of sleeping conditions, I may be sleeping in the same room with my PI, manager, or postdoc, OR I may be rooming with a complete stranger. Neither situation bodes well- both will end up being awkward/uncomfortable. Sigh.

I'll also have to deal with skipping an exam on one of the days, even though I get to drop two in that class.

"Hey yo fat girl, are you ticklish? Yeah I called you fat. Look at me, I'm skinny. It never stopped me from gettin' busy." -Humpty Dance

While I was eating yogurt with just my mouth, I thought: I bet I would be good at eating a girl out, so long as it tasted like yogurt whips down there.

Danimals and I were having a conversation in lab, and he sees me more as a scientist than a doctor. He told me this because he hasn't actually seen me in gruesome situations in medicine- I guess this means hours down in the ER at night? Anyhow, I'm always getting the feeling during conversation that he's trying to convince me to go into research/grad school. What they care most about in interviews... letters of recommendation (crap), and the interview (crap). They want to see confidence (ugh) and the ability to carry on a conversation (whatever). The two things I think I'll probably have the most trouble with in the application process. Sigh.

Making chili (3 lbs ground beef, 3 red bell peppers, 3 yellow bell peppers, dark/light kidney beans, cumin, chili powder, black pepper, tomato paste/sauce/diced, 1/2 clove garlic, 2 yellow onions) for tomorrow's journal club. MMM!

No comments: