2.20.2009

Skłodowska

You give a girl the slightest attention, and they keep trying to talk to you whenever possible.

This girl on QQ keeps iming me, asking every time if I'm there, in Chinese.

The problem with communicating with girls from mainland China is that some things just don't translate.

She said something, and then I followed with my usual "ha ha." Then she proceeded to ask,"Why are you laughing at me?" And to that I reply that I'm not laughing at anything (...), but she doesn't believe me. Oh well.

Benihana finally has an iPod that he doesn't use, because it came with the MacBook Air he purchased. Still not a convert though since he doesn't like the operating system. I'm also finally getting to know his music interests other than old skool rap. Have any of you ever listened to the band Arrested Development? Okay NEVERMIND. Just looked them up on Wiki. Alternative hip hop...

So I didn't leave lab early. Also, my Danimals is on Facebook. Yikes. He also offered me a ride home tonight. Oh boy. Turn down the adult contemporary, and chat about real estate. Awkward...

So what do I want at the moment? I find myself being overly concerned with my PI's career, hoping that he actually succeeds and continues being able to do more research, less surgery, and wondering what I've done so far to help him along the way. Nothing.

I would like it if I don't let down the people around me.

Why is it that I don't hear about things or thoughts like these that go on with other grad students and their labs? Is this "relationship" similar to what the rest of you have? So why don't I ever hear about it?

I really like my lab group...

Damn.

But what I'd really like right now is another yogurt whip! Bon soir!

No comments: