2.28.2009

時報

I don't get why people are scared of being in Oakland.

Went to Oakland last night to shadow Catherine of Aragon.

I first asked her if I should stop at the Fruitvale BART and then walk 2.8 miles to get to the hospital, and she replied with a huge NO, that I could get shot or stabbed walking around in Fruitvale. So she recommended that I stop at Lake Merritt and take the free shuttle there, which should look like a white van.

Instead, I jumped on the wrong white bus to get to the hospital...

But the rest was AMAZING.

Met the two attendings working that night, one of whom was a post bacc.

Severe asthma attack.

Bicycle accident, laceration on his forehead.

Guy with two gunshot wounds.

Old male that required a central line, possibly having died.

Possible case of MRSA.

Was lent a pair of scrubs, which got bloody trying to turn a guy over to remove the plank from under him.

It would have been nice to see a trauma case, but I got to do sutures on a guy!

No comments: