2.14.2009

farrokh bulsara


Really tempted to try this place out even though it's a fast food joint. My parents had to fax me something, so I walked down Sloat to the Fedex/Kinko's, but every time I do, this strong aroma sits around in the air right outside this restaurant.


Wide streets??


Large houses?!


Random shitty lion heads sticking outside of houses!?!? Lost myself in some neighborhood today on the way to Stonestown/Borders, thought I was in L.A.


The cross on the hill that Clare and I were trying to find could be seen right off 19th Ave.


An up-close shot of the cross. SPEAKING of crosses...

As if seeing red/pink wasn't vomit-inducing enough, I was minding my own business in the crosswords/puzzle section of Border's, staring at Magic Eye II drawings when this old lady walks right up to me, with a slip of white paper in her hand, and says,"Here's something good to read kid. Here's a prayer."

Besides having couples getting each other flowers stuffed in my face, old Christian women have to remind me that I'm a sinner today. What irritates me even more than that, though, is bad grammar! Read that slip. Why should I pay attention to someone who still uses the words "maketh" and "cleanseth"? That's even more backwards than the Confederate South. Additionally, there's the inherent error in logic. How can I remain a sinner if Jesus' blood "cleanseth" me of all sin? Also saying "pray this prayer" is a bit redundant. I bet if I had to proofread the bible with a red pen it'd be as bloody as Jesus was when they nailed him to the cross.

After all that thought about blood and sin, I went to Safeway and bought 4 pounds of ground beef, Totino's pizzas, and bananas.

Writing bores me. Perhaps I'll convert my blog into a comic strip. Except that manga software takes much longer to draw than if I did it by hand. I'll probably just sketch it out and post a camera shot of it onto the web.

Dinner time!

1 comment:

X X said...

Ah yes the "GOTCHA BITCH!" style of point-blank prosetylization. A perennial favorite...

"Ha! You said it! You said our prayer! OH LORD, LOOKETH UPON THY SON SIUSIE Q WITH LOVE AS HE IS AS WELCOMED YEA UNTO OUR FAITH...AND SATAAAAN, I STAB AT THY WICKED HEART!"