2.20.2009

humboldt

Oh right, allow 24 hours for more appropriate responses to your comments, Jalto and B-米。

I have these spontaneous thoughts about wanting to email Kaiser.

Was planning on going to lab today, and along the way a new hair salon had opened up shop. The banner below its main sign read: "GRANDG OPENIN." As bad as immigrant Chinese are at spelling, this has got to be the worst misplacement of letters. So a laugh erupted from my mouth in public as my head turned towards this sign. I'll take a picture of it, post it tomorrow I suppose.

Another thing about China. Given the assumption that most products from China are cheap, crappy, and built to last only a few seconds, the backpack I got from the Chinese track guy (that used to eat at my parents' restaurant) isn't too shabby. For what purpose will this backpack serve? It's going to be my ramen storage unit at lab. The hospital does these random checkups on all the laboratories in the hospital, to make sure that we're all following protocol. Translation: no food in our drawers. The one loophole Benihana suggested was to pack our foodstuffs into our personal belongings since hospital personnel are not allowed to go through our things.

ANOTHER thing about China. I was browsing Netflix through Janey's account, trying to find a good foreign/Chinese film, and most of the ones listed, that I could watch instantly, pertain to homosexuality. What is it with them and their obsession over sex? So that left me with just one movie, about magical masks...

Going to start studying early for my exams, so either shorter or less posts today. No cooking either =/. KFC for dinner it is! Note to self: start exercising to not feel so bad/good at the same time about eating unhealthy food.

2 comments:

X X said...

wut

MattPatt said...

I discovered an iPhone app that does calorie and exercise tracking. This has touched my experimental physicist heart in a very deep and fundamental way, it seems, because I'm totally grooving on this. Even though it sucks a lot to see in raw numbers that I'm kind of a fatass. Well, physics sucks a lot too.