2.26.2009

poopdeck pappy

I don't know if this started during college or afterwards, but every time I have a test, on the morning of, I will always get a knot in my stomach. It's similar to that feeling of needing to take a dump, except you hold it in because you're in a public place with dirty public restrooms, but because you hold it in, a pain starts shooting up into your stomach due to the backlog.

I thought the sympathetic system was supposed to reduce blood flow to the extremities, so why does one feel like peeing/crapping whenever they get nervous?

Anyhow, felt alright... about the test. Even if I don't like the idea of tests, I enjoy that feeling afterwards, after having fallen asleep, trying to wake up to study more, and then being able to answer almost all the questions correctly. Not so much the uncertainty that would disappoint me, but the fact that I knew what had to be done to do well yet not carrying it out.

Only got around 3 hours of sleep, so I probably don't make any sense right about now.

Over in the cafeteria here, they have large pinup posters of Popeye, Olive Oyl, and Bluto. Are there any pro-war cartoons besides Popeye the Sailor?

Which reminds me of when Clare mentioned that Barenaked Ladies included Sailor Moon in their song, "One Week." If every girl dressed like Sailor Moon... the 18+ ones. I can't believe they listed her as 14 years old in the manga.

1 comment:

MattPatt said...

And I quote, "Gonna get a set of better clubs, gonna find the kind with tiny nubs just so my irons aren't always flying off the back swing. Gotta get in tune with Sailor Moon 'cause that cartoon has got the boom anime babes that make me think the wrong thing."

Ten years on, and I still cannot sing that line without stuttering.