2.06.2009

jack be nimble

Haha my postdoc is singing along to Don McLean's "American Pie." Sadly, he isn't a fan of Kpop the way I am, but he does like 80s music. Instant redemption in my eyes.

Got invited to join the labbies at a retreat in Monterrey. Only problem will be that other grad students are going there. Oy. A plus is that I don't run the risk of running into Drab since he isn't there; a minus is the possibility of me running into Jan Brady, my supposed replacement.

Most surfed website for me this year: Pubmed. I might as well make it my home page. Blergh...

Terrible habit I've picked up recently is to catch up on all my TV shows Friday night. Mostly bad ones at that, if anything. Grey's, Private Practice, 30 Rock, Burn Notice, Lie to Me, Bones, Dr. House, Fringe, Heroes. I still firmly refuse to give in to The Office and BSG.

Tumblr- more and more appealing. Time for a move? Haha, and I already have one follower even though I haven't posted anything. Janey. Ho face.

Finally checked my phone after lab, and once I opened up my voicemail, I found a message left by Danimals because he was concerned about me getting caught in the rain. >_<

Journal club gets more and more... complex. A lot more challenging to critique a paper than I had initially thought. It requires a lot of knowledge about techniques- how the method is actually performed, its uses, and its limitations. I suppose for the most part, it's the elegant art of analyzing data.

Research seems to be a more appealing field, due to the challenges available. Still, I probably won't be able to use it for ghost hunting with Jalto. Not yet, anyways. Give me time to develop a sound experiment and novel methodology.

No comments: