2.24.2009

bugaboo

UGH! The chips and reagents have been on back order, so the Genome Core hasn't even started on our RNA yet! What am I going to do in lab now?? I've been restless for 2 weeks already!

Walking down the street to the bus stop. Had to laugh about Janey again. I was browsing through my MCAT science book and remembered the time when she told her coworker that she was going to take that test, and the person responded by playing Tom Petty's "Don't Back Down" to her. Heyyyyyyy baby! There ain't no easy way ouuuuttt!

Someone's singing "Happy Birthday to you" in the distance.

Maybe things aren't so bad in lab. Maybe not doing anything right now means getting more time just to think. What was it that some paper wrote, that the one who gets in one more hour of thinking in the day will be more productive over a lifetime?

I just felt like I was spouting New Age optimism...

How would you spend the last few months of your life if you knew you were going to die soon? Would you end your own life to avoid a painful descent to death?

Woo hoo! Only $12 on my PG&E this month!

My body has reached that critical threshold where it can no longer contain the toxins from fast food. Going to lay down, possibly study for two exams later this week.

No comments: