2.28.2009

candy girl

Dreyer's Limited Edition Mango flavored ice cream. Soft smooth texture, creamy. Mango chunks were from ripe mangoes. Excessively sweet. Melts too quickly. Verdict: B-.

One of my lab mates is sick, along with his wife and baby. He's Korean, but I think they have some type of rice soup that's the equivalent of congee in Chinese culture. So I'm going to make him some, based off my grandmother's recipe that I received tonight. FINALLY I know how to make the pork meat tender. Whenever my parents made it, the pork was SO good- the kind of pork meat that's really soft and tender and just slides right off the bone. The solution? Simple. Just add salt. Ugh.

Learned how to finally do that pan frying technique where the chefs flip the food up in the air. The solution to that is simple too. Simple physics.

Nilk rudely interrupted my afternoon nap/falling asleep while studying, and what does he ask? He wants to know if I want to house him and his other 2 friends when they fly over here, because he doesn't want to subject his air force friend to the overwhelming LSD abuse over at the Co-ops in Berkeley.

What's left to do for the rest of the night. Chemistry. Play around with my needles and suturing kit.

Brunch with Clare tomorrow.

No comments: