4.22.2008

heisskalter engel

If you can't remember something so simple as a date, then how can you remember anything else? What are friends if the memories don't stay? Where do the memories go if the friend passes away? Do the memories fade with them?

Random memory popping up last week: I finally remember Ray talking about the depths of despair. Haha! I would always tell her to quit bellyaching. Oh yeah, and her calling people fuckheads left and right.

One surprising thing at the dedication was that Dr. Foreman remembered my name; I don't think I've ever had a prolonged conversation with him. Nice guy, though. Jewish guy with blue eyes. He must not be a pure-blood. Muggle!

So much for being proactive. UCSF is booked with volunteers. Ho-bags.

I'm getting too giddy about volunteering at Cal Pac. There's so many things I could do here instead of at TMC.

Made another friend today. She's more attractive than the last time I saw her when we had to meet up and talk about the project.

That nice feeling you get when an epiphany hits- how does one extend the duration of that moment, that clarity of mind? I'd like to know.

2 comments:

Roopy said...

Easy.

Have epiphanies OFTEN. Like all the time.

Anonymous said...

You know, I didn't find out about the dedication until two days before it happened. I really wish some effort had been made to get in touch with all of the Jones '07 class further in advance; I would have liked to come, and I could have, if I'd had more than 48 hours to arrange things.