4.30.2008

oryzias latipes

Given a picture of a hyena with this shaft sticking out between its hind legs, would you guess a male or female? Jeez, talk about huge clits.

Compulsive eating- ate the entire bag of hot funyuns last night. Considered a bucket of KFC today, but resisting the temptation. For now.

My professor noticed me as I walked past him on campus. He smiled. That must mean he knows who I am. That must mean he knows that I'm the one sleeping in his class all the time!

This nurse at the on-campus clinic really doesn't know how to give a TB test. I'm bleeding internally because of her. And I actually stared at the whole process this time- I usually just turn away so that I would perceive less pain from the needle. Not sure why I do this, because my mom always had a bag of syringes and stuck them in me when I was sick. Anyway, the only odd part was watching how much liquid she would draw into the syringe, before squirting it out of the needle. Then she describes what she's doing to me, in graphic detail. She's going to stretch my skin so that it's thin. She's going to pull my skin up and inject the liquid into the superficial layer, forming a bubble. And I was watching her poke through my skin a little, pull up my skin about a centimeter off the surface, and squirt the clear liquid in. She didn't even bother to give me one of those tiny circular band-aids.

Filling out more applications. It never ends. Paperwork.

Talked to Liesel yesterday- she seems to be doing well. Stuck with 3 more years of math grad school.

No comments: