4.06.2008

neal town stephenson

If I had gotten a day's notice in advance, I might have studied the day before so I could grab a few beers afterwards. Probably not. Do you consider laziness and lack of motivation the same thing?

I suppose I do look at sex as a composition, as Clare aptly put it. The two people really do need to be within a point of attractiveness on that scale. How does it go? You can only get with someone who is 3 points above or below your level of hotness?

Platanos- if that's the name. Restaurant in Berkeley. Dinner with Leigh-Ugh, Hesse, Clare, and Drab. I'm not sure if I would have paid 12 dollars to eat two thin slices of overly dry meat, but the pupusas were okay (if you try to spell check pupusa on Firefox, it comes up with lupuses. MMM lupus!); it's a shame I ate it last, when it had gotten cold by then. I left feeling... empty. So I'm microwaving half a breast of baked chicken as I write. The fried plantains were fine as well.

B-米 coming to SF in the summer? Hmm??? Oh yes, him and Lily Pad. With their powers combined, they are Captain Pollution. With my firsthand experience buried between their faces, I observed that CO2 emissions increase as a result of such close proximity. The depleting amount of oxygen between them, the increasing exhalation of carbon dioxide to clear it out of their system, as they cannot live off such diminished deposits of O2 in that confined space. I bet if we all stayed together like that long enough, we would all faint due to lack of O2 to the brain. Luckily, I saved us all by moving away to take in a big breath of that nice Houston air. Ahh.

Hesse- longer hair, still wearing caps. I approve of the not hanging out with married couples anymore.

Leigh-Ugh. Sometimes it's okay to talk about sex when there's a girl around. It depends on the girl. But if a nonsexual guy like me can talk about sex with others, what's stopping a girl who crushes on everybody?

Clare's been in his own apartment since January. That sounds about right- the amount of time that we haven't been hanging out. And I thought he was still living at home with his mother. Looks like my fantasy about him living to old age with his mother have been dashed.

Then I hear from someone at the table that people at Beer Bike got the impression that I seemed happy. Which makes me wonder what exactly leads people to think that I'm unhappy in general? Perhaps the somewhat subjective observations of public life in San Francisco. I may be happy, just not happy with certain people that orbit within my gravitational field.

Which leads me to the next subject- Drab. Right in the middle of dinner, he tells me that he's befriended someone like me. To replace me. I'm thinking, oh great, this better not be like that other time where he said he met someone like me who only turned out to be another Asian guy with no overlapping personality traits. This time is a little bit better- a Cantonese person interested in science and dancing who's from Hong Kong. That led me thinking, okay, so what, you expect me to sit through the rest of dinner with you after hearing that?! More defined hip action, psh. He can't handle my hip action. Then again, it's a bit flattering knowing that he's keeping a piece of me with him, in another person. Likewise, I think I will keep a piece of Drab with me, in the form of his jacket. I'd call that an even trade, don't you think?

If he and Dick were good enough at MJ by now, I might be enticed to invite myself over to kick ass.

1 comment:

X X said...

Dude, I love Neal Stephenson like you love food.