4.07.2008

witch's milk

My number of visitors per week climbs up and down like a woman's menstrual cycle.

I had a nightmare this morning where I failed my neuro test that I was about to take this exact same morning. I think it came true.

I had another nightmare following that one to where I woke up to all these potted plants situated in my bedroom, in my living room, all over the apartment. The problem was that even though I stopped watering them, they wouldn't die. It was one of those lucid dreams where I forcefully kept myself from watering the plants. Jeez, there must have been 50 pots or so.

I was rushing towards neuro class when this beautiful voice yelled out my name- it was Drab 2.0. I barely managed to force out a greeting before returning to my notes on Alzheimer's, Epilepsy, etc. After the test, this improbably scenario came up through my imagination where my Drab, Drab's me, Drab, and me would all meet for dinner so that each of us could rub in each other's faces our replacement friends, but in a turn of events my Drab and Drab's me would end up liking each other more than the both of us, and then leave together, leaving Drab and me back to our original situation.

While leaving the downstairs cafeteria/arcade, I was trying to adjust the hood of my hoodie, but I had forgotten to close my water bottle. So when I turned around, I see this large puddle on the floor. Luckily nobody was walking behind me at the time. That would have been awkward.

I might be flying again. This time to LA for the weekend. My aunt asked me to- for what reason I have no idea.

So it wasn't too great of a school day, but it ended nicely when I found another postcard that Kaiser sent me from Vietnam. Which brings me to postcard analysis:

Lizbian: Brown paper envelope, brown paper card with dried leaves on an orange backing. Nice. It's a Thanksgiving card. Short, cliche, but thoughtful.

Drab: Venezia. Sent via Tennessee. Strike one. And cheap. Use of different nouns as subjects of each sentence. Fish postcard. It might have accurately portrayed what I liked if the fish came on a plate. Steamed. Instead Drab sends me something representative of what he likes. Selfish. Strike two. Signing off with "yours," indicating ownership. 21st century role reversal. Weird indecipherable drawing. 2 1/2 strikes.

Kaiser: Postcard 1. Actually from the location she was at- Vietnam. Exotic fruits. MANGOSTEENS! And the stamp has Pho Bo on it! Very impersonal, many sentences began with "I," and she wrote it on the toilet seat at 3 in the morning. Numerous funnies. Did not sign off with any words of affection. Emotionally distant. I liked it!
Postcard 2. Just got today. ALSO sent from the location she was at- Vietnam. Yeah, she changed her mind about what picture reminded her of me. Shorter, even more impersonal. Great!

No comments: