9.07.2007

9th and Bryant

Long time no see. B-米! First of all, would you take hipster parents seriously? Do you see ANY parents nowadays that dress up in tight jeans, casual sneakers, and artificially colored hair?

Yes, more experiments for you, Janey. And you should go for the microscope guy. I highly recommend this torrid affair.

It's convenient that the public library is right outside my door. It's not convenient that they close at 6PM on some days. I don't get internet at my place until next Tuesday, so I'm hopping across internet hot spots along 19th. At least I have a printer to print out the lecture slides, which I've finally managed to download.

I also went to Bed, Bath, and Beyond Reasonable Walking Distance yesterday to get a trashcan, wooden floor cleaner, curtains. Yet somehow we never run into each other. Who needs Drab when I can have a piece of Tennessee that settles well in my stomach? Tennessee Grill- right outside my door. Perhaps I WILL see your new place, and let you see MY new place, since I'll be moving again.

I may have a problem with settling down, getting married and having children, but I don't have a problem with settling down into my apartment, which may not happen since I'm MOVING AGAIN. I'll be in an apartment that Drab and Clare haven't seen yet.

Perhaps the man wasn't homeless, but he definitely looked the part with his unkempt face/hair, raggedy clothes, and pungent odor of one who has not washed for days.

Leigh-ugh: I MAY go. I still haven't settled in, as I am still sleeping on an air mattress (which I don't have a problem with- it's quite comfortable, in fact) and contemplating whether or not to buy a bed and furniture since I could be moving out again. I also have a test the following week.

This Korean guy was having a conversation with a Hispanic guy in my Bio class today. He spilled his coffee onto the floor, the Hispanic guy's jeans and shoe. I almost started laughing out loud, but it wasn't funny enough, at least not like the time the old guy fell onto a trashcan outside Starbucks.

I finally know where the garbage cans are in the complex so that I don't have to continue walking outside and trying to cram trash into the green, public trash bins with the tiny slots. Earlier this week, I took the Russian lady's can of 14 Gefilte fish out to the trash can. I couldn't fit it into the slot vertically, so I turned it sideways. All of a sudden this nasty jelly/liquid starting pouring out of the top of the can since it was already opened, and I pushed it horizontally into the trash as fast as I could. There was jelly on the sidewalk, and my left hand was sticky. Luckily, the sprinklers were on in the park right next to it, so I washed off that nasty grease. What the hell is Gefilte fish?!

I'm trying out TextWrangler, which is supposed to be better for programming than TextEdit? I also have to download this program called Xcode, which is taking me a while since it's almost 1GB in size, and the library probably closes again at 6PM.

Need to find a girlfriend?! What the hell, Jalto?! Do you want a relationship, or do you just have the urge to bone someone soon??

My crushes for people are very fickle. I woke up some day this week with this empty feeling. It wasn't my stomach- I just stopped having crushes for whomever have been on my mind lately.

It's always easy to eat for under $40 dollars a day. Have I been eating for two people at every meal? It seemed liked it, but now I've been trying out at least one new place near my area or down 19th every day this week. Mostly Asian places and one Mexican burrito joint. And I've managed to spend at least half that amount or less (under $20). You may think these places are a bargain, but the meals lack substance. Even if they're not heavy, the order comes with what you wanted but in small proportion to all the white rice piled underneath it.

Talk about eater's paradise. I can't remember the names of the places I've been to- I've kept all the business cards of the restaurants I've eaten at. Who needs a San Francisco Food Lover's Pocket Guide when one can just walk outside and find a place around the corner? I'd rather go the places myself and try out everything. Chinatown's going to be a bitch to go through- the fact that the amount of restaurants per block is so concentrated. No idea how to go about eating everywhere in San Francisco- perhaps just one big sweeping arc with my apartment as the point of origin?

No comments: