9.10.2007

ed jew

I'm right outside the library because I didn't know that they closed at 6 PM today.

New sites today: a girl staring at dirt at one of the bus stops along 19th Ave. She squatted there for the longest time. Also, a Toyota Supra Mark II. Neat, except for the fact that the name Tony was stuck onto the front bumper.

Wait A Second! How do YOU know of Korean Pop Sensation, Bi (Rain), B-米?! I don't know about some of his outfits. One of them on the poster at Tofu Village in Chinatown has him sporting a midriff. I'm not sure I, or anybody for that matter, can pull that off nowadays. The last time I saw a midriff was in Pretty Woman or I Dream of Jeanie. We'll see.

Oddly, I can't remember that awful Borders on Holcombe. There's a Borders on Holcombe?!

There's a JuiceBox equivalent, perhaps better, on my street.

So I tried new items yesterday. Ming's Diner. They immediately assumed I could speak Cantonese, so I resorted to ordering it in that language. Fu Zhou Fried Rice, and Snow Vegetable with Pork strips and vermicelli noodles. This whole trying new dishes thing- kind of grossing me out. Those two plates cost 13 dollars altogether, but I underestimated how large the quantities would be. I'm still eating dinner for two, unfortunately, but here, the proportions are so large that I can eat those two orders over two days, essentially limiting my food spending to under 13 dollars. In TWO DAYS. CRAPTASTIC!

Since I can understand Cantonese, I basically understood the entire conversation this Asian man had over his cell phone on the bus. He was arguing with his spouse, I assume, since he was yelling in that tone and saying things along the lines of him working all day and what she does while he's away at work. I had to endure that, from when I got on until I got off, 15-20 minutes later at my stop. I should have just walked home.

I may have developed an interest in Marine Biology. Perhaps I should try out research in this field? It's cold outside. I'm walking back to my apartment.

It's official- I'm moving. This place seems better. The people living there before me had remodeled the place- they have been living there for over 18 years. Although there is this giant crack in the ceiling of the bedroom, the kitchen is separate from the living room, and they may be offering me a garage space. I can finally drive to Ikea, wherever it is, on my own instead of ordering things that I haven't seen online.

I have a tiny crush on my neuro teacher. Brown hair and blue eyes- that's a combination I've never tried before.

1 comment:

Roopy said...

i've got a sight for you.
walked out of the bus right next to UCLA today, and this girl looks out the bus door and decides to move to the next bus door to exit.

I'm like, what's the big deal? So I just step out, and BAM. OLD HOMELESS GUY MOONING EVERYONE. His pants were completely down and he was bending over with his rear in the direction of the bus door... GROSS.

All that aside, you're moving already? Didn't you have a year's lease or something?