9.13.2007

principles of biochemistry

I saw that Genetics book by Snustad and Simmons at the bookstore- scared the shit out of me.

Because my apartment complex has problems answering calls from downstairs, I have to take the BART and go out of my way to pick up two packages so that I can finally have internet at my place and some other apartment essentials. I don't know if a LED tasklight would be essential to my apartment. That and a 500GB external hard drive.

Right- Tuesdays with Drabley. All that emotional diarrhea- no wonder I stay away from relationships and stick to my very healthy hate life. Ugh. That gushing of emotion made me restless all night- I even dreamed about Drab again, but it wasn't a memorable dream. Jeez. AND the choice of restaurant! Dear Lord! SO GLAD I only ordered an appetizer from PPQ. Pork spring rolls- the shredded pork was too dry and sandy/grainy. I don't think it's supposed to taste like that. This time, I actually had Japanese food before dinner with Drab (last time it was afterwards). Backup dinner. Next time I may have to prepare for an emotional backup- LOTS of alcohol. "When the going gets tough, the tough get drinking." ~The Rules of Attraction

Chick n Coop: HOF BRAU. Ate there the other day for lunch- Polish sausage, sauerkraut, and mashed potatoes w/ gravy. The sausage was okay; the sauerkraut- too much vinegar? I was strolling along Taraval today and came upon that Szechuan Taste Restaurant that my Dad liked to frequent while he was over here in the Bay Area. Alone one of the windows was an article that a food critic had written for one newspaper. THAT'S some shitty writing. I hope that's not what being a food critic entails.

New Taraval Cafe for lunch today. Their omelette was organized effectively, as most of the contents stayed in and didn't spill out as I kept cutting sections off with their knife. Home-fried potatoes: somehow it's never consistent from place to place. People have their own idea of what that dish means, I suppose. What else? Fruit on the side. Satisfying, although they could have given me more variety than just watermelon and three pieces of cantaloupe. Toasted wheat bread- the grape jelly was tolerable, but I don't like butter on my toast. I didn't mind this time since the saltiness of the butter negated/complemented the sugary jelly.

No clue where I want to eat tonight.

More apartment issues. I'm sleeping in my room when this morning the Russian lady storms in with her crew to repaint the walls. Not only have they been touching my stuff and placing it everywhere, they've covered everything up in plastic, making it harder for me to grab the things underneath as they start painting ALL the rooms. I thought they were just going to tear down the wall first! Hopefully the fumes will have escaped and the paint will have dried by tonight so I can just sleep in the place. They decided on a pastel green for the living room. It looked alright from an angle, but I suppose I'll have to wait until I see what color the kitchen is.

There's this place in the mall where some kiosk sells spinning windmills or something of the sort. I wonder what it would be like to have an acid trip while watching them twirl.

Large woman walking past a strolling me = a large truck driving past a tiny car on the highway. I almost lost my balance as this portly lady was hurrying somewhere on campus. She generated enough wind to cause me to tilt and bend. Another truck also came my way a few seconds later except she wasn't as close as the other one, so I didn't stumble as I walked past her.

Library's closing again. No more internet for me for the rest of the night.

No comments: