9.05.2007

mahalo

Janey: why did your paper get rejected?

New characters seen recently: old crazy homeless man trying to hug poorneel, old asian guy with his fly open and shirt tail popping out of it (perhaps recently laid off?), and a student whose skateboard didn't stop with him- it rolled out onto 19th where several cars rolled over it. One axle became loose, but the board appeared intact. Another day I was walking down 19th, when this man stopped me to ask me what day it was. I gave him a response, and he said something along the lines of "FUCK! That's what drugs do to you." He thought it was the 1st of September that day. I wonder what he was taking that would cause him to be out for 4 days.

So I tried asking Drab for directions. TERRIBLE DIRECTIONS to the Bed, Bath, and Beyond! 9th and Bunker?! I tried looking that up in my NFT. NO Bunker Street! If anything, it crosses Bryant or Brannan. Jesus.

This comp sci class doesn't seem challenging, but I guess I can spend my time learning how to use the Mac Terminal, C programming, and Unix. That would make it 4 classes this semester. I can't believe I'm in school again. Back in May I couldn't wait to graduate. Now I end up back in classes that are overbooked. I probably could have gotten into some interesting ones if I hadn't been searching for an apartment last week, when the first week of classes had already started.

I started reading the Rules of Attraction since I'm probably never going to get around to finishing East of Eden or Children of Hurin. This book- it reminds me of college and grad students. Sex sex sex.

Everybody on campus dresses like a hipster. So for those who would like to eventually get married and have children- do you think they will maintain their current lifestyle?

There's a Dragon Boat Festival on Treasure Island that I'm considering either volunteering or just attending.

What's painful isn't not having internet for a week. It's not having internet when I need it for school papers! GAH!

Treasure Island Music Festival: Modest Mouse, Spoon, and more. $58.50?!

7 comments:

Bryce said...

HI!
Long time no read your blog (I switched computers and lost the link).

Hipster parents! Yay??

Jing said...

They wanted us to put in more stuff - like mechanistic actions. Bc we didn't submit to an immunology journal, it has to have bigger implications... *sigh* oh well. more experiments for me

dubrav said...

dick swipe, i told you it was on 9th and bryant. i even checked my sent text messages, and i went there today. i bought a nice comforter, pillows, and mattress sheet. perhaps i will let you visit my wonderful little sublet.

Practical Female Scientist said...

dude, that festival sounds awesome. wish i could go. there's nothing in providence. just lots of beer drinking with neelk in boston. ... but that can have its own advantages.

Roopy said...

why do you think the man was homeless? he looked quite home-ful to me. he was just crazy, and old. Perhaps he needed a hug?

Jesse said...

I wanna leave a comment too!!!

Unknown said...

so are you going to go to TIMF??

it'll be a good time...