9.30.2007

d-beta-hydroxybutyrate

I'm having too much fun shopping in Chinatown.

Today I went to Irving to buy some stuff since I don't have utensils, bowls and such of my own. I mean the Russian lady left here stuff in my kitchen, but I don't think she cleaned her dishes very well as they are all still sticky and stained. I may just throw them out along with the 10 year-old desktop that she left behind.

Any who, I went to that supply store along Irving along with trying out Happy Bakery today (that covers about half the restaurants between 23rd/24th Ave.?), and I purchased two bowls with cartoon monkeys on them. And the spoons that match. I also got these travel items with cutesy animals/shapes on them, most of which tend to be either from Japan or Korea. The cheap green chopsticks were from China. I also bought two Japanese mugs, that are also matching, with an old man on one and an old lady on the other. CUTE!!! Or should I be saying, "KAWAII!" ? I'm more excited about the items I can use as travel items: chopsticks with the case for holding it, a plastic lunch box with a grate on the bottom to filter out oil or junk from the food, and another case that holds a fork saying "Afternoon Tea," which makes NO SENSE WHATSOEVER! Oh, and a circular tray- the ones that waiters put drinks/dishes on.

That stuff's just for me. I'm sure I'll bring out the better silverware/dining set, when I buy them, when my parents come visit- which won't be for a while because now they say they may be coming Christmastime. That means I may be able to sneak a trip to Houston or LA since they won't be come up. Excellent.

No comments: