9.24.2007

mouseketeer

addendums to previous post:

I want to host mah jong/dinner parties. SO GOOD!

Dinner at Dosa last night: good. I had the lentil chicken curry because Clare was being a baby and wanted the chatni masala dosa. Leigh-ugh was also there with us before we all went to see Fred Astereo and The Lucksmiths.

It would have been a fun time if this girl in front of us had stopped pumping her booty into each and every one of us. Is her pelvis physically challenged? She seemed as though she could not perform anything but keep sticking her rear into our crotches. None of us want to have sex with you from behind. Jesus. This Japanese hipster in front of me also swayed left and right. I think he also has postural issues. I really wanted to just grab his head with my hand and shove him towards the girl he kept talking to during the performance.

Russian lady invited me to:
Mensk, Belarus with her and her family.
Russian dinner, bringing some friends along.
Opera, ballet, symphonies, cultural stuff in SF- she gets discounts/has connections.
SF Zoo with her daughter so that she could give me a tour of the place.
Trader Joe's because one needs a car to get to the store in Daly City.
Dinner with this friend of theirs who is a neurosurgeon/pilot/gourmet chef. That satisfies two of the three things that I want to do.

So she apparently knows this guy working at UCSF doing neurosurgery. She was talking to me about how she would support me going into science, particuarly neuroscience/neurology (ugh), and when I told her I may want to look into neurosurgery, she just lit up and supported me even more for that, saying that going through her first surgery with that chef doctor was like a hard drug.

She was surprised how at 60, he could still stand there at the operating table from 9 to 6 without even getting tired. So she's going to arrange a dinner with me so that I can talk to him at that time, perhaps intern/work under him, go to all these neuro conferences within the Bay Area/California/nationwide?

Everything's falling into my lap, all because I happen to live in this apartment complex with old people and juicy gossip.

2 comments:

Jing said...

i love indian food. you like gossip? haaha you love to laugh at misery

Roopy said...

wow, thats pretty sweet, this russian lady is super cool.

i'm actually getting a bit turned away from neurosurgery as of late, but check this site out: www.or-live.com, its a new project by some hospitals and its pretty sweet.