9.08.2007

devo

I set my alarm for 6AM this morning to get an early start in the day, getting all of my studying done before noon. Even though it was early, dawn still had not set. I went back to bed.

Embarrassing moment #1 for today: I had gone back to bed, but sometime around 9AM, there was this ringing. I had thought that maybe my package had arrived at my front door, and the guy needed to be let into the apartment complex. I slide to the end of my air mattress, and try to get up. As soon as I got up, I came crashing down onto the hardwood floor. My right leg was still asleep or had fallen asleep, so I lost all postural control on that side. Being unbalanced, my right side gave in first, falling down onto part of the hardwood floor and part of the bed. I crawled my way to the speaker that would answer to the person at the front door, and pulled myself up onto the dresser. I pulled the switch down and said, "Hello?" Nobody answered.

Then I realized that the person was ACTUALLY right outside my door, ringing the doorbell. So I tried running into my bedroom to grab a pair of pants to put on since I was still in my boxers. My leg still hadn't woken up, so when I tried running into my bedroom, the leg gave way AGAIN, but this time my entire body just crashed onto the air mattress. Not so embarrassing that it happened within the confines of my apartment, away from the public eye, but still embarrassing/awkward.

After having fallen down twice, I managed to get my pajamas on and finally get to my front door. It was my textbook that my cousin that mailed me through USPS.

The wifi at the library is a little too slow in order to download a 1GB file. I may have to try Borders at Stonestown.

Places I've eaten at in the past 5 days: Taipei Restaurant, Irving Cafe & Deli, S&E Cafe, Loi's Vietnamese Restaurant, and The Bay Pastry. All under 10 dollars, sometimes even 5. Probably going to try out another restaurant for dinner tonight.

I get the feeling that this programming class is going to be too simple. The first assignment is just doing a compiling exercise.

2 comments:

Jing said...

why don't you have motor skills? i'm seducing men on the DC subway...

Roopy said...

programming classes tend to start out very simple and build on things fast. don't judge a book by its first chapter siu!