9.16.2007

james franco

It could be. I haven't read the Times recently. Or EVER. Occasionally, but now my google home page is still smattered with links to GRE words and vocab builders. Will have to do something about that soon.

Even the flies are bigger in California.

"Do you go to Castro often?" Translation: "Are you gay?"

"Hi. I'm Jason." Translation: "Are you lost? Do I need to guide you to somebody who cares?" Well, that may be a loose translation. It varies depending on the context.

Clare-bear was there last night. Oh, what happened? You know, the usual drunken belligerence/rampage that defines Clare's too-drunken moments. Drab's always being mean- nothing different there. I thought I was only having once-a-week meetings with Drab, but that makes it number two last night. Greedy, greedy.

So last night. Met Leigh-ugh and Drab, and a slew of more science nerds. Why do I get the feeling that I'm going to meet the entire neuro class by the end of the year? There was Ted again, the Jewish(?) guy that lives in Tenderloin?? Two new girls, Dana and Carolyn, and a guy, Adam. In order from Adam to Dana to Carolyn- quiet, quiet, and semi-quiet. If I were not to disguise my tactlessness- boring, boring, and semi-boring. Maybe that's my exaggerated reaction because they were too far across the 3-feet table from me to initiate conversation, or they didn't talk much, or we had nothing in common besides science. Also during the time there, I would randomly glance around the table and noticed Dana's huge eyes looking at me. Either she was there judging me, or our eyes just happened to meet too many times during the night. My general conclusion about neuro people is that they either lack a sense of humor or they lack that region of their brain that allows them to laugh. Blank stares, yes. Hearty laughter? None evident of that night. Oh, getting to know other people's friends. I judge. Clare judges, but I disagree with his opinions. Biology, I see that, but there is NO chemistry there, physical or otherwise.

I may buy the third season of Grey's. Guilty pleasure. I like it, it's my thing, let it go. I'm only buying it because I have this 40% off coupon from Borders rewards for members.

Oh right, also met Clare's high school friend, Carl, again. Even though he's a fun person to hang around, I still find it hard to make good conversation. Either I'm tired or too apathetic to care about filling in the silent voids. Plus, I don't know enough about his comedic sense to cater to that in the form of relevant jokes.

I suppose the more effective way to get to know people would just be to forcefully wedge one's way into the conversation, i.e. shuffle the bodies around the table. If I cared. Sigh.

Somebody threw up pastel all over the walls in my soon-to-be ex-apartment.

3 comments:

dubrav said...

oh siu -- we neuro-kids do laugh heartily and did so often at you. you will realize in time that you like my colleagues.

and yes, i have often seen dana's HUGE eyes staring at me while I move eye contact around. i think that's just her thing.

Roopy said...

hook them neuro people up with some N20! w00t.

Unknown said...

i have a story for you...