5.19.2008

Alisa Zinov'yevna Rosenbaum

2 finals down. FOUR more to go?!

Not really understanding this Paprika movie. Probably because I'm doing more things on my laptop besides watching it.

California in the early 90s: growing up in a predominantly Mexican American, Asian American low-income neighborhood. It never seemed like money mattered, though. I was too busy having fun with my brother and cousins. My grandmother would cook breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day for every person in the household. My great grandparents were still alive at this time, nobody in the family had cancer, things were uncomplicated.

Memory from kindergarten- working on thie art competition for school, where we were assigned to depict good hygiene. So much time was spent just dividing the manila paper into boxes, drawing stick figures- can't really remember what I put down on paper except for brushing my teeth and washing my face. Still, I ended up winning the competition for my grade, while my brother won in the 1st grade division. Being one year older supposedly merits you more money- he got 20 or more Toys R' Us bucks, I only ended up with 5 or 10. I don't think either of us even had a choice in picking a gift at the store- our aunt pretty much directed us to the arts and crafts section. My brother bought this 36 or 48-crayon set with a crayon sharpener included. I got a set of markers.

No comments: