5.22.2008

peabo bryson

There's actually a manga version of The Legend of Zelda... circa 1996?

I have to be patient. I can't expect everything to come all at once. But they're coming, little by little. Making all the pieces fit has been taking a while, but there's no need to rush. While it may not be the original artwork, what's going to come out as whole again is entirely new.

Who knows, maybe I'll be nice again. Or do you people not want that?

Kindergarten- there was this set of 12 short story books, all with different-colored bindings, one of which included the Three Billy Goats Gruff. Somehow these books were so fascinating to me at that age. My compulsive behavior led me to numbering the order in which the books read during class at the top of each book, with a sharpie. Only problem was, we were supposed to return those books at the end of the year- they were loaned to us. But I really liked those books- Hey Diddle Diddle might have been one of them as well- so I didn't quite tell the teacher the truth when she asked where my books were. I wanted to keep them so badly, so I told her I lost them. Yeah...

My first grade teacher- curly brown hair, sweet, and kind, even if her husband seemed like one of those sex-craved perverts with his mustache and manner of speech. In my spiral, I would write down the names of every student in class, trying to memorize them. I even found out my teacher's middle name. One of the more unique ones I've seen at that age- Canon. She always wondered how I ever found out, but I never told her. I suppose I was observant even at that age. The thing is, it was a simple as reading the mailing label on the Highlights for Children magazines she stored in the classroom. One of the more embarrassing things I did with this list of names was to add at the bottom, "I <3 _____," the blank being the name of my teacher in whichever grade I was attending. I'm hoping my mom doesn't have those anymore. That pattern probably continued until around 5th grade. The teachers were always one thing in school that I never found to be problematic.

Next: 1st grade revisited, my mother the doctor, more embarrassing moments.

No comments: