5.04.2008

electric sheep

I'm not sure whether I should be relieved by the fact that my mother is almost universally racist.

She called me again while I was at the laundromat, accusing me of having a girlfriend as a reason why I don't want her to visit. This time, she told me to again date a Chinese girl so that it would be easy for her to communicate with them. Oh, but she doesn't stop there. She tells me not to date black girls. If it's not Indian, it's black. I'm going to wait until she completes the people of color spectrum. I wonder if she'll include white girls as well.

If I found a super-interesting internship, PT/FT job, I would be inclined to lean towards taking another year off. That's my mindset for now. Even though research is interesting, I don't see myself being in lab all day for the rest of my life.

On the bright side, she was wondering what my summer plans were. No mention of, "Are you going to med school?" which is nice that the pressure is off, I'm more able to determine whether or not my intentions are solely based off my judgment and not a byproduct of external influences/pressures. She just told me to spend my time efficiently.

No comments: