5.02.2008

golden week

OH! They're playing "I Fall to Pieces" at the campus store! Patsy Cline.

If that's what they said about actuarial science, were reviews for all finance-related jobs negative as well?

Always thinking about things in retrospect. Conversation with Drab at dinner- learned a little bit more about him, something new, which could be difficult at times since the conversation could always easily veer from something neuro or science-related to his personal drama or my pseudo-inner turmoils. So I guess the friendship hasn't turned sour, like that awful chicken katsu sauce or the sukiyaki soup.

Part of me wants to stay in SF. A SMALL part. The other part of me wants to move to LA to be closer to family.

Every time I have lunch on campus, I find myself lost in thought, and when I wake up from my spell, I notice that either my head's bent down right into my food about 3 inches away from it. Then I wonder what people think when they see someone whose head is stooped so low into his meal.

Thoughts?

1.) Me having to fill out the top portion of the reference form. Even if I try not to look at what Drab's written, I notice that he still uses ballpoint pens, I notice that his handwriting is too illegible for me to even deduce what he's saying so it would be pointless to continue reading.

2.) What I could have done before going to My Blueberry Nights to make Drab feel worse. For example, getting an emo haircut, apply the black lipstick, eye makeup, and then smudge it all to look like I cried before arriving, maybe draw some black tears and a frown on my face.

3.) Clare saying that he got me a birthday card, but I haven't seen anything in the mail yet.

4.) How I'm going to approach the premed advisor who called me crazy.

5.) How to get an A in two annoying classes.

6.) Wondering why I think so much about my future lately when that's not normally the way I live my days.

7.) What I can get accomplished before going to Berkeley tonight.

8.) Contemplating if I want to buy that jigsaw puzzle at Borders- the one with the $2 million prize. To do in my free time. I like board games, card games, puzzles, math problems. Yes, I am a nerd.

Anyway, the next few posts I will attempt to reveal more of myself. That's right- expect explicit nude photos. Or soul baring.

2 comments:

MattPatt said...

The best finance jobs seem to be as derivatives or options traders; apparently all you do is sit at a desk all day, compulsively refresh screens full of data, and periodically call up your clients and pretend like you can predict the future and sell them a bunch of stuff.

I'm not really sure where the physics training comes into that. Possibly "predicting the future."

Clarence said...

why would i mail you a card if i'll see you at some point in the near future?