5.03.2008

jupiter

Went to my first training session for being a language interpreter today, WITHOUT Janey's reference letter- hoface. Luckily they weren't so strict about having all forms turned in, since everybody was missing something or another. Doesn't mean I'M going to be lenient. MEIN GOTT! What did I get myself into?! I was just hoping to build my language skills! Well, the interpreter lady did say doing this is much better than therapy, so this is who I'll tell my premed advisor that I'm seeing. Bastard.

SPH, what makes you think you'll be seeing me in the near future?! You know you like San Jose SO much that you don't want to make a trip up here. Send the card!

Blegh, derivatives and options. I kind of remember studying something like that senior year. I only kind of remember because I rarely went to that class.

Last night- dinner con Leigh-Ugh y Hesse. Met Leigh-Ugh first since someone was too busy playing a video game, and we had decided to eat at Jupiter, another pizzeria. Three different pizzas. Well, even though Jupiter does not compare to Zachary's, the quality was still acceptable, especially since they give you ranch sauce with which to dip your pizza. Hefeweisen with the meal, caught up with Leigh-Ugh on her grad studies and lack of drama. Updated her on my busy month. Then Hesse came to crash our date. Asshole. Hesse being all emotional and grossing me out. Good thing Leigh-Ugh was there to comfort him. I don't do that shit- you come to me for an honest observation or analysis.

Then we went to a bar where Hesse's friends were hanging out. Hesse is terrible at introducing strangers to each other. Leigh-Ugh and I ended up trying out a frozen yogurt place. I had the pomegranate, but it just tasted the same to me as the plain tart flavor- sugary yet overwhelmingly sour. Sales tax. Pffft.

In comparison to dinner with Drab... besides the OBVIOUS food-wise, Drab was still scratching his head, not shaving for- I would guess between 1 and 2 days, hands and fingers contorting to all these shapes that contributed no meaning whatsoever as he spoke whereas the other two were simply verbal with their responses. Hesse's hair is out of control, there's one.

Leaving Berkeley, I get these text messages from Drab saying Clare wants to see me at the party. I started getting into my Oliver Sacks book, Man who Mistook His Wife for a Hat, while waiting for the BART, I had seen Drab once this week (my visitation/tolerance quota) already, and I was exhausted, so I decided to go home to read the book. But all I did when I went home was eat some more. Oh well.

Paladin of Souls is in my head. Why is this title in my head? I don't even know if it's a book, movie, board game, etc. Speaking of which, I compulsively bought that 2M dollar puzzle that supposedly would take an eternity for a supercomputer to solve.

No comments: