5.20.2008

willard

If I could be a student for the rest of my life, that would be nice. I find myself browsing through course offerings instead of spending my time studying for the 4 finals I have left. Seeing the biology class that covers information solely on fungi always amuses me.

Since I've been purchasing or downloading indie music recently, I suppose I can't say that I hate indie music anymore, huh?

Not really sure if I bottle up emotions or just have become desensitized to the point where nothing surprises me. I suppose I just have no tolerance for people who aren't honest with me.

I actually lived in Texas for preschool before going back to California for kindergarten, except I have no memory of that time, even after looking through pictures of my brother and me playing in snow. First time I remember meeting my mother: summer school after kindergarten had ended. These classrooms that led to outside hallways, one of the common motifs of California schools, unbearably hot- you start sweating for the few minutes to transfer from class to class, and then get blasted with cold air once you're back in another room. Even at that age I was independent. I sat by myself during lunchtime, but one day this strange lady came to sit next to me. She had the nicest face I've ever seen- nonthreatening, warm- and was constantly asking me questions about my day. It really never hit me, I couldn't make the connection at that age that this person, who I was riding home with in a car, was my mother. I even lived with her in a house across the street from my grandparents' place before going to Longview, only to return for a year.

1 comment:

Bryce said...

What are you listening to?