5.29.2008

the five and dime

My mind's been out of it today...

During lunch, I started pouring water but daydreamed about something elsewhere before realizing that the cup was overflowing with water onto the kitchen table.

Then at dinner, I had planned on making an American dish, chicken chili, going off my chili craze.

I started adding eggs to the chicken, cayenne pepper, paprika, black pepper, Worcestershire sauce, basil, dill weed, savory, garlic, and mixing them all together. Chopped the yellow onion, chopped the green beans, and before you know it, I was adding oyster sauce, sesame oil, and soy sauce to the ground chicken, and then tofu, and then black beans, and then more soy sauce and preserved bean curd. Before you know it, I ended up with an Asian fusion dish.

I made Asian fusion?! And I liked it?! NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good thing I regained consciousness and stopped myself at all that before adding the chili-flavored pinto beans. Guess my default style in the kitchen is to instinctively make Chinese food.

I wish I had rice with this; since I had planned on making chlli, I was just going to use tortilla chips to scoop it up. Sigh...

No comments: