5.04.2008

barfly

"No Child Left Behind Act." That's a phrase that they think I'll have to use in parent-teacher meeetings?!?! I am so screwed.

This month is teacher appreciation month. Who was your favorite teacher? Which grade? Why?

"'You have to begin to lose your memory, if only in bits and pieces, to realize that memory is what makes our lives. Life without memory is no life at all... Our memory is our coherence, our reason, our feeling, even our action. Without it, we are nothing... (I can only wait for the final amnesia, the one that can erase an entire life, as it did my mother's...'" ~me quoting Oliver Sacks quoting Luis Bunuel. This guy supposedly is a famous film director. Anyways, 65 pages into the book, hope to finish it by the end of this week. I had compulsively ordered science fiction novels this movie along with the board game, both of which I will more likely than not regret purchasing. I looked up Paladin of Souls finally. Fantasy novel.

I'm acquiescing, giving This American Life a chance. Ugh.

More retrospect- conversation with Leigh-Ugh was packed with content. I had forgotten her roommate's name, and still don't remember it. The waitress who did our table actually looked like she would be from Texas- she hails from Austin. The atmosphere was odd- they played a mix of early/late 90s music, and the people were the most diverse bunch I've seen. Probably because I was out of San Francisco. Hesse also wasn't wearing a hat for once, usually that weird cap with the small lip (lid?). I bet he gained some weight, too. Can't believe I brought up Sailor Mercury in conversation with Drab. It would have been less embarrassing to ask,"Is that the symbol for Mercury?" instead of asking first, "What is that symbol?" Is there a space after the comma when introducing a spoken phrase? My English grammar is waning, most likely due to unstructured thoughts.

1 comment:

Jesse said...

Gained weight??

*grumble grumble*