5.21.2008

jobox

When I like to party, I only want to get down.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EwSH6S40yME

My group's new single has dropped, come check out our hot dance moves. I think Clare's the blonde rapper. I forget which ones are Sophbox, Mousse, and co.

Tonight, after the second try, I think I fine-tuned the ingredients to my hearty chili to almost perfect proportions. I don't know, I just started feeling so happy after the first bowl! What a rush of euphoria. So I'm incapable of loving people. Doesn't mean I can't share my love of food. It's too bad Drab, Clare, and Leigh-Ugh are out of town- it would have been great right off the stove. The only difficult part now is to be able to reproduce the same results and effects again.

It was one of the more life-altering moments, going from a predominantly Hispanic/Asian community to mostly Caucasian. Previously blending in with the crowd, I was now immediately singled out because of discrepancies with my outward appearance and my cultural background. Being the only Asian kid in class, transferring to and attending a completely new school, having to adjust to this drastic change in setting was daunting, to say the least. My first day of school, I could remember just getting lost in the hallways (yeah, I still had a bad sense of direction back then), looking at the clocks, realizing I was late for class. My mother couldn't really help since she had to go to work, and still didn't know English well enough to offer any help. I just stood there crying because I didn't know what to do. If I moved, I would probably get more lost. If I didn't move, I wouldn't get anywhere. Is this what they call a Catch 22? Then, this older student came up to me, asking if I were lost, asking which teacher I had and the classroom number, and just took me there in a matter of minutes. You'd think if someone were this nice, then everyone else would be nice. The only issue with other children at that age is that they instantly pick up on whatever's foreign to them and, due to their curious nature, try to figure out why something or someone doesn't fit their idea of normal.

No comments: